Eternal Argument: who’s a hotter Austin Powers special agent love interest? Elizabeth Hurley or Heather Graham? I’m team-Heather in this regard…
Austin Powers 2: The Spy That Shagged Me is as much of a homage to the Connery/Moore Bond films as it is to the 90’s:
- Jerry Springer
- Mini Me!
- Secret Agent preferring to use hand to hand combat even though he has a gun
- See through shirts that just oh so accidentally show nipples. This time it’s Dr Evil’s saucer pancake nipples, but just the same…
- Madonna connection: her music was actually in Austin Powers before it was in Die Another Day
- Island Lair
- Space Based laser platforms
- bikini beach assault, this time the hero is in the bikini!
- just the 2 of us, did you forget that Wil Smith was a rapper in the 90’s?
- Villains that change the hero’s clothing after they initially capture them. This was in the first film too, but it was more noticeable to me here.